We are looking to recruit a new Housekeeper for the Presbytery at St Francis Xavier’s.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a friendly and welcoming individual who will be able to establish a good working relationship with the Parish Priest, assistant priests, parish staff, parishioners and visitors. The successful candidate must also have the adaptability and flexibility to work in a busy parish house where plans can often change at short notice. They will also have to be able to show initiative regarding meal preparation and the general upkeep of a large presbytery. The Housekeeper will be expected to join the PVG scheme and must be able to provide suitable references.
The job description can be seen below:
HOUSEKEEPER for ST FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH HOUSE
The housekeeper will responsible for the domestic management of the presbytery, in which 3 priests are at present resident. There are occasional guests who come for meals and for overnight stays. There are even more callers at the door on matters connected with the mission of the Church.
- The housekeeper is expected to work for 25 hours a week. This will be between the general hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., but it is also expected that the housekeeper prepare food for the evenings and weekend. The housekeeper may be asked to work occasionally into the later afternoon or evening, or even at the weekend, if there is a special meal for clergy to be held.
- The main duties of the housekeeper are as follows:
- Preparation and serving of lunch. Preparation of evening meals
- Purchasing of food for all meals for clergy and visitors
- Keeping kitchen in a good order and state of cleanliness
- Personal laundry of clergy (Helped by Laundry Assistant)
- Keeping whole house clean and tidy
- Make suggestions for replacement of equipment/furnishings when necessary
- Ordering of cleaning materials for the house and the church.
- Providing light refreshments for the parishioners who clean the church
- Answering the door and the telephone and giving appropriate information
- Assisting with other reasonable tasks as requested
- The housekeeper is expected to work in harmony with the Laundry assistant, the parish secretary and accountant and may be asked to assist in their work if they are absent.
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days (inc. public holidays).
- Rate of pay is £10.00 an hour.
If you are interested in applying for the above position please complete the application form below.
Closing date for applications is 29th June 2018