Visiting St Francis Xavier’s for Private prayer.
Visiting St Francis Xavier’s for Private Prayer
From Monday 22nd June we will be opening the church building for private prayer.
In the interests of safety, we ask everyone to follow the guidelines below:
• Entrance to the church will be through the Right-Hand Side Main door. This will be clearly marked.
• On entering the church, you must wear a face mask or a face covering such as a scarf.
(Your nose & mouth should be securely covered).
• Once inside the church you must use the Hand Sanitizer provided.
• A steward will lead you to the next available seating position for you to spend some time in private prayer. (We kindly ask that you do not use the kneeler).
• Please follow the one-way system i.e. enter your seat via the central aisle and leave using the side aisles. The one – way system is clearly signposted.
• After your time of prayer, the stewards will lead you to the exit which is the Left-hand main door of the church. (On your right -hand side as you leave)
• Before leaving the church building you must once again use the Hand sanitizer.
• Once you have left the church building please maintain social distancing.
Other points to note:
• If you have difficulty using the main steps at the front of the church the stewards will allow you to enter and exit through the side door.
• To maintain 2 Metre Social distancing the number of people in the church is limited to 36. This may increase slightly if members of the same household sit together.
• There is no need to book to come to the church for prayer, however, please be prepared to queue outside to make sure all safety precautions are carried out as people enter the church.
• At all times there must be a safe 2 metre distance between people from different households. Both inside the church and whilst waiting outside.
• Please note that you may be asked to remain in your seat until you can safely exit.
• The toilets will only be available in case of absolute necessity. Anyone using the toilet will be required to make sure it is thoroughly sanitised after use.
• The church will only be open during the following times:
o Monday 11:00 am till 12 noon
o Tuesday 11:00 am till 12 noon
o Wednesday 11:00 am till 12 noon
o Thursday 11:00 am till 12 noon
o Friday 11:00 am till 12 noon Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
o Sunday 11:00 am till 12 noon Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Sunday 6:00pm till 7:00pm Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
• Remember! If you have any symptoms of Covid -19 such as a high temperature, a persistent cough, loss of taste or smell or if you have been told to shield by your GP then you must not come to the church.
Thank you for your patience and consideration of everyone’s safety.
We will look forward to welcoming you home!